In honor of the upcoming 4th of July celebration, we thought it was only fitting to do a post with a little dash of patriotism. Why not chat about the good ol’ US of A in order to celebrate America’s birthday? And the icing on the patriotic birthday cake? We’re giving away one $100 gift card to Manready Mercantile – menswear & gifts made right here in the USA. (giveaway details at the end)
- An American can expect to move 11.7 times in their lifetime
- By age 18, a person can expect to move another 9.1 times in their remaining lifetime.
- By age 45, a person can expect to move another 2.7 times in their remaining lifetime.
- The average 18-year-old American will have only moved twice, but a 30-year-old will have moved 6 times.
- American males are more inclined to move for job-related reasons than American females
- An average of 35.9 million Americans move each year
- Most in-county moves are for housing reasons.
- Most between-state moves are for job reasons.
- Oregon was the top moving destination of 2014, followed by South Carolina, and North Carolina.
- New Jersey and New York had the highest percentage of moves out of state in 2014.
- In 2014, The Northeast region had the highest number of people leaving for retirement with more than 1 in 4 movers indicating retirement as their reason for relocation.
*Stats from United States Census Bureau, the American Moving & Storage Association, & the 2014 National Movers Study by United Vans Line
So are you an Average American mover? Let us know why you moved last time in a comment on our Facebook contest post to be entered to our random drawing to win a $100 digital gift card to Manready Mercantile – because they sell awesome stuff made in America. Check out their story and have an incredible 4th of July!